6.02.2012

Recent Poetry

In Glory

Write upon my wrist
My story
Come to  Know
Impress upon my skin
Each worry
Let it go
Pull the bindings taut
My body
Make it bow
And so it all begins
In Glory
Help me Grow

© surrina booke 2012

To The Pain

I’m pain poor.
Come to me
In patterned possibility
Paths across my skin
That rip away civility
Again, again, again
Provoke, pursue, distil me
Reveal me more and then
Infuse the raw with clarity
Begin, begin, begin
Through this vessel
Calling you
Worthiness aside
Pain, pour through me
Please. Please
Come to me
Abide.

© surrina booke 2012

Musings on the Threads of Earth

I wonder
Where
The knot that holds
The threads of Earth
Together
Ends,
A bellybutton
Of sorts.
If we were to
Untie our knot
Would we unravel?
Would the strings
That keep our feet
Tethered
To the fabric of soil
Loosen?
Would the leaves be
Unstitched?
The waters
Disentangled?
Do you think
The Earth was sewn?
Or knitted?
Or crocheted?
Or,
With its patchwork
Of
Fields and cities
Embroideries
Of
Roads and rivers,
Quilted?
If
It were to unravel
What would we find?
The batting?
The answers?
Or great God
Laughing at
All
Our
Questions.

© surrina booke 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment